A good antivirus will not only help prevent infection of the computer, but it will also keep all the data and files safe. In this article, we will compare Avast and Iolo.com solutions.
Why do you need an antivirus?
Antivirus security policy has always been a crucial component of information security systems in computer systems and networks. It provides reliable and effective protection against any viral attacks (potentially threatening, real, promising).
When working on the Internet, there is always a risk of being attacked by malware. It should be understood that the virus itself does not enter the operating system. This is preceded by certain user actions. Most often it is downloading files and installing them, going to questionable links. A well-functioning antivirus will prevent the link from linking if it recognizes the site as phishing. You can note the main activities of almost any antivirus program:
- checking all sites visited by the user for security;
- checking operating system files;
- blocking ads and unwanted content;
- prevention of hacker attacks.
Avast Free Antivirus is a free antivirus solution that provides extensive protection against the many threats of the Internet, additional network analysis tools, software, and driver updates. The built-in Do Not Disturb mode helps the user to go about their daily activities without being distracted by notifications.
Features of free antivirus Avast Free Antivirus
- Antivirus and anti-spyware module for detecting malicious files.
- Possibilities for analyzing the behavior of applications and programs.
- CyberCapture identifies suspicious files.
- Protection of surfing on the global Internet.
- Intelligent computer scan.
- Ransomware protection.
- Emergency boot disk.
- Email protection.
- Cleaning up web browsers.
Avast Antivirus has a pleasant and accessible interface, an easy-to-understand configuration that provides access to all protection parameters. This free antivirus provides a high level of detection for all kinds of computer threats, including viruses, spyware, Internet worms. Has a built-in anti-spyware module. It is capable of detecting deep-seated threats in the form of rootkits since it has a built-in anti-rootkit.
Avast Free Antivirus constantly monitors the system in real-time by scanning executable files and processes. To provide more protection, it makes sense to periodically run an existing regular scanner with a full file system scan and the ability to scan inside archives.
Considering Avast vs Iolo.com review Avast is focused more on “sample” users who do not like to visit suspicious sites and do not work in an aggressive environment. In turn, Iolo doesn`t support macOS and Linux, and for additional features, you should pay extra cost.
Iolo antivirus solution
Iolo is currently one of the leaders in the antivirus software market. More than 36 million users around the world have entrusted Iolo with control over the security of their computers.
There are the following software products:
- Iolo Antivirus & Antispyware – detects, blocks, and removes viruses, spyware, Trojans, keyloggers, intrusive ads, and other Internet threats.
- Iolo System Mechanic Professional 10 – protects your computer from viruses and spyware, backs up data, restores accidentally deleted data, if necessary, physically deletes confidential information from your hard drive.
- Iolo System Mechanic 10 provides over 40 tools to improve PC productivity. System Mechanic cleans the hard drive from unnecessary files, restores the registry, defragments the disk, optimizes the operating system and Internet settings.
- Iolo Search and Recover – Recovers lost data from a computer or other digital device. Returns accidentally deleted documents, photos, mp3, video, mail, system files. Recovery is possible not only from hard drives but also from CD-DVDs, cameras, mp3-players, flash drives.