Cloud technologies and services are changing the business. Many companies are actively moving to cloud computing because it allows them to be flexible and competitive.
Why do business structures prefer VDR?
The increase in the volume and structural complexity of stored data, the expansion of the range of users of information systems has necessitated the creation of convenient system-wide means of integrating stored data and means of managing this data. Because the information is dynamic. It is not a static object, but changes dynamically and exists only at the moment of the interaction of data and methods, or at the moment of the information process. This led to the appearance of Virtual Data Rooms.
Today Virtual Data Rooms replace physical ones. Before its advent, documents were organized into file folders and a filing cabinet. Since the amount of data was relatively small, the manual system fulfilled its role as a data warehouse. However, as organizations grew and reporting requirements became more complex, keeping track of data in a manual file system became more difficult.
It can be argued that the emergence of Data Rooms has become a major achievement in the field of software. They are the basis of information systems, and this has radically changed the nature of many business structures.
Basic principles of Virtual Data Room organizing
Virtual Data Room is designed to eliminate the shortcomings of files systems. The following principles must be followed when developing a database:
- Versatility. The Data Room should have powerful tools to support the conceptual data model to display logical representations of users.
- Compatibility. The Data Room should remain operational during software and hardware development.
- Excessive data. Unlike file systems, a database must be a single set of integrated data
- Data protection. setting up a data room should enable protection against unauthorized access.
- Data integrity. It should prevent users from violating the database.
- Management of simultaneous (parallel) work. The Data Room must protect the database from inconsistencies in the shared mode. To ensure a consistent state of the database, all user requests (transactions) must be executed in a certain order.
Storage location for corporate data
Almost all modern VDRs, unlike public cloud storages, have two delivery options: hosted and on-premises.
For full protection, a Data Room should have features that can protect documents after they have been unloaded from the virtual data room, such as document DRM protection, which replaces AD RMS and corporate mobility management.
Virtual Data Room: What are the benefits?
Significant advantages of using virtual technologies in the economy include:
- gaining access to computing power and the required disk space by means of the Internet;
- the user does not need to create their own computer network, due to which it is possible to reduce the cost of maintaining the IT structure of the enterprise;
- user access to the ready service of the provider, the owner of the cloud, and, as a consequence, the lack of need to deploy hardware and software at the enterprise of the appropriate level and profile, etc.